TED India Conference: “The Future Beckons”
The inspirational, energy-filled, and fun TED conference is heading to India this year. From November 4-7, 2009, TEDIndia will take place in Mysore and bring together speakers and delegates that are reinventing India. The huge success of TED makes its arrival in India even more exciting. At TC-I, we covered a few TED talks here, here, and here.
A little background on the TED conference:
TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design. It started out in 1984 as a conference bringing together people from those three worlds. Since then its scope has become ever broader to include science, business, the arts and the global issues facing our world. The annual conference now brings together the world’s most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes). Attendees have called it “the ultimate brain spa” and “a four-day journey into the future.” The diverse audience — CEOs, scientists, creatives, and philanthropists — is almost as extraordinary as the speakers, who have included Bill Clinton, Bill Gates, Nandan Nilekani, Jane Goodall, Vilayanur Ramachandran, Sir Richard Branson, Philippe Starck and Bono.
The India conference will answer questions like:
- Which local innovations are destined for global impact?
- Who are the young thinkers and doers capable of shaping the future?
- Can there be economic advancement without environmental destruction?
- Can a pluralistic democracy survive in the face of rising fundamentalism?
- Can we make money and be good? Really?
- What should we learn – or fear? — from China’s investment in Africa?
- Do we have enough water for everyone?
- How do we keep our youth challenged and our aged healthy?
- How can anti-poverty solutions be brought to scale?
- Is there wisdom to be found in traditional medicine?
- Which other ancient traditions can illuminate modern life?
This will be an event that any social innovator in India will want to attend – register to apply here.
Latest posts by Shital Shah (see all)
- World Bank Development Marketplace India 2013 - April 24, 2013
- Karmany aims to match talent and social enterprise through new platform - April 1, 2013
- Womanity Foundation Hosts 7.5 Hour Virtual Summit on International Women’s Day 2013 - March 31, 2013